My dad turned 59 on March 27th, and Daniel and I threw him a little birthday party. I guess it was about two weeks ago now. Daniel's parents arrived on Friday from Montana and my parents came down from Seattle on Saturday. Saturday night we invited over my grandparents and aunts and uncles. Daniel made jerk pork on the BBQ and a lemon cake, and I made Jamaican red beans and rice and mashed sweet potatoes. It was good food and fun to have some of my dad's side of the family over to visit and celebrate.

Daniel and his mom busy in the kitchen.

Aunt Jill and Mom

The birthday boy.
The lights got turned out right before I took this picture and I did not have time to turn on the flash, so it's a bit blurry.

Jerry, Judy, and Charlene eating birthday cake and ice cream.

Sarah and Aunt Charlene
(My dad and grandpa are sometimes convinced we are the same person.
I don't think we look that much alike.)
No comments:
Post a Comment