I took these pictures in mid-May of the rose bushes in our backyard. When my mom came by for Mother's Day she had to tell me how to take care of them. They weren't cared for very well by the tenants who lived in the house for a few decades, and I have never had roses before. I never understood gardeners fascination with roses before, but taking my walks around the 'Rose City', there are so many beautiful and sweet smelling roses. My mom looked grimly at my rose bushes and said she would start over, but I am told these rose bushes are the same ones that used to be here when my great grandma lived in the house. I was very excited when they started blooming. The bushes are by no means as healthy and beautiful and bushy as those around the neighborhood, but maybe they will be in another year or two.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Great Grandma's Roses
I took these pictures in mid-May of the rose bushes in our backyard. When my mom came by for Mother's Day she had to tell me how to take care of them. They weren't cared for very well by the tenants who lived in the house for a few decades, and I have never had roses before. I never understood gardeners fascination with roses before, but taking my walks around the 'Rose City', there are so many beautiful and sweet smelling roses. My mom looked grimly at my rose bushes and said she would start over, but I am told these rose bushes are the same ones that used to be here when my great grandma lived in the house. I was very excited when they started blooming. The bushes are by no means as healthy and beautiful and bushy as those around the neighborhood, but maybe they will be in another year or two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment