Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Trouble keeping up

It's hard to find the time to blog. I meant to blog during our vacation in June and found the time once to start a post, but then had computer difficulties and was unable to finish it. We had a great trip to Minnesota to visit with Daniel's family. We got to celebrate Leslie's high school graduation and say good-bye to the Aaker Family Farm.


Lucy and Beckett (with his summer haircut)


And then we drove back home through Canada and visited Banf and Jasper National Parks, which are gorgeous.

Calgary

Calgary Tower

Two Jacks Lake in Banf


Beckett got cold in the mountains.



Since we returned home, we have been busy. Busy with visitors and entertaining friends. Both of which we love. An old friend of Daniels from his childhood years came out to stay with us the day after our return from vacation. It was great to meet Jody and his girlfriend, and listen to stories from the past. Then my mom stayed with us for a few days and made the cutest curtains for our front door, downstairs bathroom, and my office upstairs. I love them. At that time we also had friend's from the East coast visit and stay with us for a few days. It was good to catch up with them, but I wish I hadn't had to work so I could have gone out to play with them around Portland. Mike came back a few weeks later and stayed with us another week. He helped Daniel finish the fence on the side of the house, with a trellis or arbor above. It looks awesome!!

Daniel and Jody

Mom sewing

Daniel has made some beautiful and delicious meals for dinner parties lately. He made the most beautiful and tasty enchiladas, perfectly presented and garnished with zucchini blossoms. Then for another meal recently did his first try at Indian food. It was very good, but really, really, really spicy in true Daniel style. Plus we have had friends over several times for BBQ's.


I told him this was dangerous, but he doesn't believe me.

I have been busy learning how to pickle the cucumbers from the garden and making tons of baked zucchini goods (lots of zucchini in the garden). Daniel continues to work like crazy around here doing project after project. I keep waiting for him to get tired of it, but he hasn't yet.


No comments: