Sometimes at night I see this face in the Melkamu that I now know. For a long time it puzzled me, why rocking him at night reminded me of this picture. I eventually figured it out, I think. My little guy is always moving and talking and so expressive with his face. It's not until right before he falls asleep that I see this quiet, still, relaxed little face gazing up at me.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
It's been a year,
a whole year, since we laid eyes on the face of our beautiful boy. I just can't believe that was a year ago. Some people in the adoption world call it the referralaversary, the anniversary of their referral. About this time a year ago we got a call that changed our lives forever and an e-mail that both broke our hearts and filled it with the most joy and excitement we had ever known.
Our favorite referral picture of M - Sooo beautiful and sweet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment