Last year, August 9th was a Monday. Daniel and I and a small group of eager parents, were being driven back from Durame, down south in Ethiopia. When we got back to Addis Ababa, we were going to have a chance to eat lunch, pick up a few things at the store, and then take custody of our children.
Some pics from the drive to and from Durame:Once back in Addis, I remember walking up to the store a few blocks away with a fellow new momma. We walked past the sheep and the cows and the goats in the rode and on the sidewalks, we bought Ethiopian formula, juice, fruit, and baby food. I went back to our room and organized one last time all of Melke's things. When we had gotten back from Durame, a little pink bathtub and a wooden crib were delivered to our room. We were as ready as we were ever going to be. Daniel was more ready than I was. He was more confident that this little boy would be fine and would love us. Daniel is always more sure than I am, that everything, whatever it might be, will work out fine. And so we headed over to the care center and returned to our room with our son.
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment