Monday, September 12, 2011

I need five people

I need five people to respond to this post and take action by donating five dollars. I did it, so can you! Please, go to the link below and donate just five dollars now.

This summer I have watched my Ethiopian son water our garden, run through the sprinkler, and play gleefully in his little toddler pool. Each time I see this, it breaks my heart. It breaks my heart because in the Horn of Africa people are dying at alarming rates because they don't have water and that means they don't have food. Sometimes, I want to take the hose away from my two year old son. I want to stop the wasting of water. I want to tell him that we are so lucky to have all this clean, safe water not only to drink but to play in, and to help our food grow. I want to tell him that I worry about the health and welfare of his Ethiopian family everytime I see water splashing around in our backyard and him enjoying such a luxury. I am torn everytime, I want to stop all this joy and playing with water, but then I think what good will that do, and of course he won't understand.

If you are like me, you have been aware and saddened by the drought in the Horn of Africa. You have been following the news, wanting to make a difference, but not even sure how to begin. Thank goodness for people like Sarah at http://www.trektoethiopia.blogspot.com/ that are more motivated than I/we are and take action and help gather others that can also contribute to their fantastic goals and visions.

Please take the time to click on the link above to read more about Sarah's project on her blog. There are links on her page to make a donation and to learn how you can help spread the word. Or you can go to this link http://www.seeyourimpact.org/members/ask5for5 to make a donation to this wonderful project that Sarah has started.

No comments: