Daniel and I have had lots of visitors this month, which is another post in itself. Last Monday between family visits we went to Sauvie Island, north of Portland to check out the pumpkin farms and produce. We got a lovely Cinderella pumpkin for the porch and a variety of winter squash to try. Later that week, Daniel's mom used our Red Kuri squash to make a yummy squash dish and the next day turned the left overs into squash soup. Last night I made a delicious dish, and I am eating it again right now for lunch, out of sweet meat squash. It's a big gray squash that doesn't look that appealing, but when it turned into this (below), it was super yummy!
Baked Sweet meat Squash with Shallots, Raisins, and Walnuts
(over Black Rice)

(I used onions instead of shallots, and pecans instead of walnuts.)
I think I might add this to the Thanksgiving menu.
You could find the recipe at the website below:
http://makingbananapancakes.com/2008/12/02/baked-sweet-meat-squash-wshallots-raisins-and-walnuts/
No comments:
Post a Comment