So Monday, Ms. A, eagerly came over to our house. The plan was for an hour language exchange, but we ended up working together for two hours. Daniel gets very excited and passionate about teaching people English, which is a good thing, as that is his profession. Ms. A came over with a list of body parts in Amharic, and we practiced saying hair, head, eyes, lips, teeth, arm, hands, finger in Amharic. And, also trying to remember the phrases and greetings she and taught us before. I wish I was better at learning a new language. I am always amazed by those adults that can speak 3 (or more) languages. I wish I could just learn by osmosis.
Daniel started his census job last week. He did a week of training and then will start going door to door to enumerate in the afternoons this week. He was excited to have a young Ethiopian man in his work group and has been practicing his new language skills with him.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment