Monday, July 26, 2010

Conversation...

...with the crazy neighbor:

"Well, where isssss this baby?"

"The capital of Ethiopia, Addis Ababa."

"Who HAADDD this baby?"

"You mean who birthed him....a woman in Ethiopia."

"How old is she?"

"Ummm....in her early thirties I guess."

"Well, I want to know why you didn't use the Boys and Girls Society like our neighbor the lawyer? They have a vvverrryy nice boy."

"You mean so and so (I'll leave out names)...because we wanted to adopt internationally."

Insert VERY skeptical look....


It dawned on me a few minutes later after she was gone...I think, she thinks we have some dark, scary secret and people would only adopt internationally if they couldn't adopt domestically.

Some people are very strange, but I am sure she thinks the same about me!!

1 comment:

casey said...

Nice one...Yes, people can be strange. So far we've had mostly good interactions, although there was one guy at the brewery who asked, "is he YOURR son?" I just said yeah, but should have added that no, he did not come out of my penis if that's what you're asking.

Anyways, you guys must be so excited. I hope you have a wonderful trip. Let us know if you have any last minute questions.