Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The P Word

I never thought my husband would be so interested in poop. As a nurse, people's BM's have been a focus in my life for several years, but nothing I thought I would hear Daniel talking about so often. He is really into monitoring Melke's poop. Every opportunity he thinks Melk might have, could have, maybe did poop, he is smelling the boy and checking things out. This is not a bad thing, I don't want that little boys skin to sit in ick, so he usually always gets changed immediately and that is a good thing. I just find it amusing to hear Daniel have little conversations with Melke at the changing table - "That's a big poop baby.", "That's just a little poop buddy.", and all the while Melk responds with "Dadada", "Babababa", or squeals of delight at his daddy's funny faces or squeals of frustration at having to hold still yet again. And it has happened more than once that there is a shout from the bathroom changing table - "HOLY POOP BABY!". All of this definitely causes me to chuckle.



If you didn't know better you'd think this was Daniel playing with his son and making him laugh (which I guess it is), but it is really a sneaky way that Daniel is checking for what...yes, the smell of poop.

No comments: