Sunday, January 31, 2010

Birthday Celebration

Yesterday was my mom's birthday and today is my grandpa's birthday. We celebrated yesterday by going to dinner at a Thai food restaurant near our house, and then back to our house for dessert. I am working on healthy desserts this year, trying to stay away from so much sugar and fat. It's hard with this sweet tooth of mine (inherited from my mother). Anyway, I made a chocolate cake with whole wheat flour, and agave syrup (instead of sugar). I was very nervous about the results, but it turned out well. There was a layer of plum preserves, that I had canned this fall, and then cream cheese and honey frosting. The frosting did have sugar in it, but not as much as the recipe called for (which was 3 cups!!).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! to Mom and Grandpa. I am glad you guys are close by so we can celebrate together.



Mom, Grandma, and Grandpa


Birthday Cake


Happy Birthday Mom!


Daniel, Dad, and Charlene
Tallying the results of the 3D Blokus Game


Grandma, Dad, Charlene, and Sarah
Playing 3D Blokus

No comments: