Sunday, January 17, 2010

Frozen Lakes and Fishermen...

...who knew the two went together? While in Whitefish for Christmas, Daniel, his parents, and I hiked from our cabin to the frozen lake. There were several fisherman out there ice fishing, some in huts, some without huts, fisherMEN of all ages, but no fisherWOMEN.


On the left side of the lake you can see some of the huts the fishermen use to keep warm.


I guess if you're from Minnesota you aren't afraid of frozen lakes. I, on the other hand, have heard they are dangerous. Jerry and Daniel walked out there without a second thought. I was carefully inspecting the ice before each step.


I usually don't wear scarfs around my waist, only when I am dressed for arctic weather and have just been hiking uphill.


Jerry, Sarah, and Judy


I'm not too sure you should get close to the hole...the fisherman thinks that is funny.


Looks fun, right!


I'm ice fishing, with a short little fishing pole!


If you look close you can see the two fish I caught on the ice. Just kidding, no fish for me, but it's not hard for the fisherman to keep their fish on ice.





The End...

No comments: