I have been wanting to post some pictures of our trip to Whitefish, MT for Christmas. We had a really nice time with Daniel's parents, sister, and niece. The cabin we stayed in was very comfortable and beautiful. Although the snow was not great for cross country skiing, we did give it a try one day on icy, hard snow. Mostly we took walks through the winter wonderland.

Arriving Wednesday morning in Whitefish at 7:00am. Daniel's parents didn't pick us up until 1:00pm, so we had lots of time to eat breakfast, sit in coffee shops, walk around town, and browse the expensive stores.

Talking a walk on Wednesday afternoon. The cabin had a nice system of trails all around it.

Reading in the cabin Wednesday evening,

and playing games.

Hunting for better snow in West Glacier on Christmas Eve Day, and walking by the lake.

Beautiful lake.

Jerry and Judy.

Leslie, looking like a snow boarder in those goggles.

Sippin' espresso in the local coffee shop on Christmas Eve.

Daniel and I took a nice Christmas Eve hike to a little vista with a great view.

I saw a wolf (track)! I think it's a big as my booted foot.

Christmas Eve Dinner Table.

Judy working tirelessly on our Christmas Eve Norwegian Dinner.

Lutefisk. Not as bad as people make it out to be.

Sisters - Sarah and Lani. Lani got to open her Christmas present on Christmas Eve.

The girls after a late night Christmas Eve church service.
(Lani, Sarah, Judy, Leslie)

Lani had my name and gave me lots of great gifts on Christmas morning.

Jerry with his four grandkids. Three of them in artwork done by Bret and given to Jerry for Christmas.

Christmas afternoon cross country skiing. Judy stopped after a few minutes due to the snow conditions. I made it through one loop, and the fit, young, and foolish went on another big loop.

Jerry

Daniel

Leslie

I dragged Adric on a Christmas evening walk with me. I don't think he appreciated it.

Christmas Dinner, a tribute to the families Peruvian history, ceviche and papas a la juancaina (my favorite dish). I have had this dish in Peru and in little peruvian restaurants in Seattle and in pricey Peruvian restaurants in Portland, and Judy's is by far the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment