Saturday, May 22, 2010

Seperate Rooms

A couple months ago the neighbor boy was over to our house. He went upstairs to get my big exercise ball. When we were up there I pointed out our guest room and told him, "That is where your grandma stayed when she was here." He looked at me like I was crazy. I said, "You remember your grandma stayed with us because we had more room." (They live right next door). He said, "Yeah, but where did you sleep?" I pointed to Daniel and I's room, and he said "But where did Daniel sleep?" I told him we both slept in the same room and his response, "Argg, I know how that is. I have to share a room with my sister! I hate it." That cracked me up.

I think he may be on to something though. Daniel had a cold this week. After a night of no sleeping because he was coughing and clearing his throat and generally sounding pathetic, I moved into the guest room. I must say, we both have enjoyed having our own space! It's nice to sleep in the middle of the bed and read as late as I want without grumpy remarks about turning the light off. We haven't had to fight (jokingly) about the middle of the bed and who is over the line. (And believe me, we've measured!)

Well despite the separate sleeping arrangements, I still managed to get his germs. So I guess I'll stay in the guest room, so he doesn't have to listen to my sniffling and coughing.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hi Sarah - My name is Anna and our kids passed court the same day. I saw your posting on the yahoo board and thought I'd touch base with you. Like you, I am watching others fill that June 29 date up and was wondering what's in store for us! I suppose there's still a chance for us - I'm trying to remain positive.

By the pictures on your blog it looks like this will be your first child. Very exciting! I love your travel pics. My husband and I did a lot of those pre-kids and will do them again I'm sure!

My email is annabragdon@yahoo.com. Take care and good luck with everything!

Anna
mom to infant twin boys, passed court May 18