Monday, May 31, 2010

Makin' Baby Blankets

It's a miracle...I can sew. My friend just started to teach me to sew last Fall. I don't do it really often, but often enough I have been gettin' the hang of it and feeling more comfortable. I moved on from making a couple aprons to baby blankets.

This is the first one I made last month. I thought it was hard to get the fabric all lined up. Even though to you sewers out there I am sure it is super easy, just two pieces of fabric sewn together. I like the cute little animals.



The second one, I have been working on this one this week. I thought it would be harder, but I gave up on trying to get the squares to all line up "right" and it was really easy. Now I just have to sew the back on. I am thinking about putting some quilting or liner between the layers this time to make a little warmer, fluffier blanket.



Couldn't do it without her...thanks Michele.



No comments: