At 5 months home, it is starting to set in just how hard this parenting thing is. I have heard Daniel say a few times recently that 'Raising a child is so tiring'. Yeah, I would agree with that. How do people raise 3, 4, 5 ,6+ kids? They obviously have more energy than we do! I have heard that you should wait until you've been home 6 months with an adopted child before you evaluate how things are going. At 5 months, I still think that everyone has transitioned and adjusted beautifully. Although we are tired, often, we are delighted in our brillant, super active boy!
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
5 Months Home
This past Saturday, January 15th, marked 5 months since we came home with Melkamu. I realized while looking at some pictures yesterday, that I had taken a little series of Melke on Saturday morning sitting in a box. I thought this was weird because, back in November I took some pictures one morning to mark 3 months home. In these pictures Melke is sitting in a plastic bin. I guess the kid just likes to climb into boxes and bins.


At 5 months home, it is starting to set in just how hard this parenting thing is. I have heard Daniel say a few times recently that 'Raising a child is so tiring'. Yeah, I would agree with that. How do people raise 3, 4, 5 ,6+ kids? They obviously have more energy than we do! I have heard that you should wait until you've been home 6 months with an adopted child before you evaluate how things are going. At 5 months, I still think that everyone has transitioned and adjusted beautifully. Although we are tired, often, we are delighted in our brillant, super active boy!
At 5 months home, it is starting to set in just how hard this parenting thing is. I have heard Daniel say a few times recently that 'Raising a child is so tiring'. Yeah, I would agree with that. How do people raise 3, 4, 5 ,6+ kids? They obviously have more energy than we do! I have heard that you should wait until you've been home 6 months with an adopted child before you evaluate how things are going. At 5 months, I still think that everyone has transitioned and adjusted beautifully. Although we are tired, often, we are delighted in our brillant, super active boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment