Yesterday, Daniel and I were in an all day Baby and Toddler Care class for adoptive families. We had to get there early to pick out a baby, diaper it, dress it, and pick out a carrier to carry our baby around in. We were instructed to take care of our baby throughout the day (8 hours). The most interesting part of all that was getting to try out different baby and toddler carrying devices.
The day went really well, I thought. The nurse speaker was great and the information throughout the day was very helpful. We got to meet more families in the process of adoption and a few more couples that are adopting children from Ethiopia.
In the last part of class, we had a young woman born in Korea and adopted into an American family come and talk with the class. She is also an adoption professional that works with an organization in the area. We were all divided up into different groups during an exercise she had us doing. During this time, I hear a loud crash and thud, and the group catching their breath and ohhh-ing. And what do I see, but my baby on the ground! My husband had dropped our child onto the ground. When I got our baby back his head was turned halfway around. Daniel assured me he was fine. Hopefully, practice makes perfect....
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha! so great!
Post a Comment